Friday, October 5, 2012

I am Thankful

Hi friends! Today I have a card that I made for the TT Challenge with the theme: I am Thankful.
 Well, God has given me a million things that I am so thankful for and one blog post is not enough. So I will narrow it down to stamping. Early this year I had oral surgery, (the first of several). My whole face was swollen beyond recognition, from my forehead to my neck.  It lasted for 4 weeks and started to shrink during the 5th week. Right before the 8th week, I had to undergo another one.  And the swelling started all over again! Facing the mirror was depressing, talking was such a task and eating was so difficult. And I don't even want to talk about the pain. Urgh! 

Aside from the support from my family (especially my DH), stamping and coloring made me feel so much better. Every time, the pain kicks in, it would remind me of how hideous and swollen I looked the last time I accidentally faced the mirror. Believe me, I took showers in the dark, brushed my teeth bending over the tub, just to avoid looking at the mirror. :(  And during those days, I would just go to my desk and stamp and it helped me alot. 

Around this time last year, was when I started stamping and coloring.  I came across some card photos online and those photos inspired me so much to stamp.  I saved the photos on my iPad and made them my screen saver. Some times I would just scroll over the photos and stare and admire the creativity of the person who made them. And those card were made by PAM, our team leader and coordinator at Tilda's Town. She has been an inspiration to me and she always will. And I thank her for that. :)

Back to my card! I colored Tilda with Copics and I chose circular dies to make this card. THe beautiful flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the DP is from Magnolia, the butterfly is from Michael's and the sentiment is handwritten by me.

 
 






Thanks for visiting my blog today.  
Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Mae


2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful Mae, a really gorgeous card so pretty.
    I had no idea you had been through al that pain and suffering, poor you, I'm glad it's all over and you are well again. Hugs to you. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card! The coloring is very gentle, and as for the sentiment - I would never believe that it's handwritten!
    Keep up creating!

    ReplyDelete